REFLECTOR: Velocity heater

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 8 17:06:57 CST 2008

Dave, I have a scoop mounted into the bottom of my pilot side NACA
routing air directly down into the firewall mounted oil cooler.  In the
winter I place a block of foam in this scoop down against the cooler so
it can not come up and blow back onto my engine to increase the heat to
the front cooler(heat exchanger) to supply more heat to my front bilge
blower.  I frequently fly with both coolers blocked into late spring
with temps up to 90 degree outside.  Peak temps recorded so far are 212
degrees oil with over 500 hours on the plane.
Rene'