REFLECTOR: priming "how to"?

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:02:40 CST 2008

Al,

If I understand correctly, the 8001 and 8002 are the actual "primer bases",
while the corresponding 3001 and 3002 are the "converters" that get mixed
with the 8001 and 8002, respectively.  On the website I checked, they
recommended the "001" variants for the initial fiberglass priming, while
they called the "002" variants "high-built".  See

http://www.awlgrip.com/awlgrip_pages/product_systems_awlgrip.htm

I think they are both white; the grey ones have the number "1001".  Without
ever seeing these, I assume that they are to be mixed just like we mix the
structural adhesive ... ?
They also recomend a "cold cure" accelerator

*   M3066 COLD CURE Accelerator for 545 Epoxy Primer *
  (
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Awl_Grip_Topside_Paint-AWLGRIP_545_EPOXY_PRIMER.html
)

for curing temperatures below 75F (but above 50F).  Has anybody used this
accelerator?  Is it a good idea (it is certainly a lot colder than 75F in
Illinois these months)?

Grigore