REFLECTOR: aileron trim

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 5 11:53:59 CST 2008

Hi Mack,

What is a FAX?  Sorry, I don't have one.  But yes, my string system works fine.  Like most of the stuff in the Velocity kit, you gotta tweak it until it works - sort of like the gear system.

The Menzimer that Mack is referring to is often commonly referred to as MAC servos.  I tried to find a web site for them but no luck.  Aircraft Spruce doesn't list them either.  They do list the Ray Allen trim servo for around $135 up. The Ray Allen T2-7A is listed as the replacement for the MAC 4A.

I think I'll stick to the sticky belt dressing which makes the factory supplied string/spring system work fine.

Perhaps someone has a FAX and can convert Mack's picture to a file that we can attach to a Reflector note.

Ronnie