REFLECTOR: RG Switch

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Jan 4 17:39:17 CST 2008

I've been having a problem retracting the gear for a few years now.  At first it
required higher airspeeds to retract.  Then for the last year or so, I have to flip the
landing light on and off to get it to retract.  Lately even that isn't working well.  I
have tried to find the "squat" switch, but not sure what it looks like.  The attached
image is of pressure switches mounted on top of my RMI encoder.  One is labeled 75 kt
and one 125 kt.  Anyone know if these are adjustable?  I know the encoder uses these
switches to provide gear speed data, but could it also be used to protect the gear?  If
so can I by-pass it by connecting the 2 leads?

Thanks,

John