REFLECTOR: Velocity heater

Jack Prock jackprock at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 22:23:56 CST 2008

Dave,

Rich Guerra used an oil heater configuration that pulls air from the cabin
and recirculates
it through the nose oil heater. It also allows blowing air through the fan
and oil heater and
sending it overboard in the summer. Which should help when sitting on the
ramp in the summer.

I am not to that stage yet, but I plan on using the same configuration.
It makes sense to me that you would try and warm interior air, and not
try and warm frigid outside air. This setup eliminates the forward NACA
scoop as well.
See the following site,  http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/   then go to
"System Works"
and the bottom 15 or so pictures on that page, you will see his setup
and explanation. The fan he uses costs about 25 bucks online.

This is just one more example of pictures and ideas from builders who have
posted online that help out those that follow. Thanks to all that take the
time
and energy to post pictures and explanations. I for one am very grateful to
those
that have the extra energy to build and maintain their sites.

Jack Prock
700 hours in and counting...