REFLECTOR: Transponder Antennas

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Tue Feb 26 22:30:24 CST 2008

I have been using a standard CI-101 (AV-22) antenna for my GTX-330, with an eight inch aluminum ground plane, screwed to the bottom of my XL with just the ball sticking out the belly and it has worked just fine. I use the RG-400U cable as well.  Never has failed me yet.

I drilled a hole just big enough so the ball would push through and sealed around the hole and antenna secured to the aluminum plate.  Then just put four sheet metal screws to hold the plate to the floor.  KISS.  It is mounted just behind the main gear fwd bulkhead.
Dave