REFLECTOR: Transponder Antennas

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 25 17:45:40 CST 2008

I have my swizzle stick mounted under the battery, and contained within the nose.

Mine works GREAT with the Garmin GTX 320.  I have only had one issue - when taking straight out from an airport and the radar was apparently directly behind me and being blocked by the engine..  ATC said he didn't see me, I turned 10 degrees to the right and he picked it up fine.

I'd take my plane and the transponder to the avionics shop and have it tested.  Should work with the location you have!  The swizzle sticks are cheap, you might just want to buy one of those.  Mine is mounted in a ground plane about 8" in diameter.