REFLECTOR: Electrical Connections?

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:25:14 CST 2008

I vote for crimp too.  Get a good quality one.  Hand crimpers only go to a
12 or so.  B&C sells a "whacker" the will do a very nice job on wire size 8
and larger without resorting to Nuckols solder methods for #2 battery cable
which wicks up too far into the wire.  I used some #10 on my buss
distribution lines.  B&C also has a great supply of different sized ring
terminals too that were really nice to have.

Also Stein (and like B&C) have solder sleeves that are great for splicing
in-line for like in-line resistors and double data feeds.  You run outta
hands real fast without some of these parts.

..and then yank real hard on every connection you make to test it.  This is
particularly so for any d-sub pins you do that are the stock double arm
crimps.  For the time and money you might consider the gold crimp pins
instead of the double arm type.  If you need more details...take some time
and just cruise through the Stein and B&C website and look at all the
offerings.
Terry