REFLECTOR: speaker in the cabin

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sat Feb 23 10:21:32 CST 2008

You guys convinced me that a radio speaker in the cabin was a nice convenience, so I ordered a 3 W, 4 ohm speaker from Mouser.  I didn't realize that it was only about 1 inch in diameter. I was going to return it, but then on Valentine's Day I got one of those musical cards for my wife.  It was playing "Don't Worry, Be Happy", and I was amazed at how good it sounded with that little speaker. So I installed the 3 W speaker today in the glare shield in front of the pilot near where the windshield hits the glare shield. The intersection of the windshield and the glare shield forms a natural megaphone, and I think the glare shield is also acting like a sounding board. The sound is clear and plenty loud. FYI.

Doug Holub