REFLECTOR: Jeffco or Aeropoxy?

Chuck c.harbert1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 23 10:12:10 CST 2008

  ?

  Which one is stronger, Jeffco with cabo/flox, or Aeropoxy (structural adhesive) with cabo?  My first strake is closed and sealed.  Looking at the Jeffco on the bulkheads and at the structural adhesive on the spar, the Jeffco appears to be much nicer/stronger at touch than the adhesive. The adhesive also appears to more easily break when leaking on surfaces that were not well sanded, while Jeffco does not.

  In other words, why do we bond the strakes to the spar using structural adhesive instead of just Jeffco?  We would seal the strakes faster if we did not have to also mix adhesive at the same time with the Jeffco ...

  Grigore