REFLECTOR: Jeffco or Aeropoxy?

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 09:09:31 CST 2008

Which one is stronger, Jeffco with cabo/flox, or Aeropoxy (structural
adhesive) with cabo?  My first strake is closed and sealed.  Looking at the
Jeffco on the bulkheads and at the structural adhesive on the spar, the
Jeffco appears to be much nicer/stronger at touch than the adhesive. The
adhesive also appears to more easily break when leaking on surfaces that
were not well sanded, while Jeffco does not.

In other words, why do we bond the strakes to the spar using structural
adhesive instead of just Jeffco?  We would seal the strakes faster if we did
not have to also mix adhesive at the same time with the Jeffco ...

Grigore