REFLECTOR: Fuel sight guages..why?

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Feb 14 10:12:06 CST 2008

The way I see it, the sight gauges are a fool proof method of ascertaining
your fuel status, they just work. Period. They are simple to fabricate and
almost idiot proof.  If you change the hoses every 5 years there is almost
no chance of a leak. You have a lot more fuel lines in the cabin behind
teh seat.

Yes I have electric fuel gauges, yes I have a fuel flow meter also.

I still like to get in, look at the panel gauges, look over my shoulder at
 the sight gauges and verify that all is according to Hoyle...

Scott