REFLECTOR: fuel sight gauge

Tony Babb tonybabb at alejandra.net
Wed Feb 13 18:14:32 CST 2008

Grigore,

Vance's e-mail is < nostromo56 at tx.rr.com>
His web site is  <http://www.atkinsonfuelgauges.com/>
http://www.atkinsonfuelgauges.com/

Tony
SEFG 62% done, 78% to go
www.alejandra.net/velocity

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Grigore Rosu
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:58 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: fuel sight gauge

I ordered mine from Velocity and they came with a 3-page installation
instructions.  Nothing else.

Despite being rather expensive ($126!), the gauge's instructions were poorly
written.

page 1: says where to install them and gives a way to do it, even though
page 3 shows two other possibilities, one for Vari Ez and another for Cozy,
which are NOT consistent with what page 1 shows; only the Velocity
installation is consistent with it.  Anyway, I liked the Cozy approach and
that's what I did.

page 2: says how to glue the two parts together, showing a "full-size gauge"
pattern which is actually significantly smaller than the actual gauge;
nothing about the LED.

page 3: shows three possible installations from the top.

Mine did not work at 3V at all.  Then I increased it to 4.5 V and the LED
started to lit (a bit).  I do not see any resistor on the wires in mine.

Does anybody know how to contact Vance?

Thank you,
Grigore