REFLECTOR: Lycoming tool ST-122

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 09:09:48 CST 2008

My IO-540E1A5 crankcase has the doweled thru-studs. My Lycoming overhaul manual says to use tool ST-122 to open your case. Does anyone on the reflector have one of these tools or know someone that does? I would be interested in renting or buying this tool from someone before I attempt to make one. I had my case overhauled by DIVCO and they didn't even have one. I have attached a picture of what the tool looks like. It takes two of these, one for both sides to open the case without beating on the studs with a brass hammer.

Andy Ellzey