REFLECTOR: Back Bleeding Brakes

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 12 15:42:10 CST 2008

I have had good luck back bleeding my brakes using an pump oil can like MATCO sells - same one can be found at local Hardware stores.

Be sure to use DOT-5 - NAPA has it.

The only problem you will have is some air can get trapped in the space between the Matco wheel cylinders.  I removed mine from the gear legs and stood them straight up.  Pump until you get no more bubbles in the master cylinder.  Takes about 5 minutes per side.

Ronnie