REFLECTOR: Matco Brake History and Modifications

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 20:03:48 CST 2008

Good info, thx--it cleared up some misconceptions I had. At 80 hours my
matco pads looked like they had gone through re-entry (several times).
They were apparently generating a lot of heat but not much braking. I
had original set up with no upgrades. I opted for the Cleveland
conversion as oppossed to the upgrades you mentioned. Bit of overkill,
but my plane now stops as well as a car and I'm glad I did it. Another
upside is that I can now change pads without having to jack up plane and
remove wheel..Tom