REFLECTOR: Jeffco question

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Feb 8 17:06:34 CST 2008

Grigore,

I would definitely thicken it up with some Cabo and flox, especially for
the side walls.  The new hardener doesn't set nearly as fast as the old
stuff (which would pop into a rock-hard flaming ball if you looked at it
wrong).  With that said, the volumes you're talking here seem a little
large to me, particularly if you only have your set of hands.  You need
to keep "pulling" it up the side walls if it ends up too runny (and to
some extent even if it isn't), and at least the old stuff exothermed
much faster in bulk, so I would mix smaller batches and keep it moving
myself.

And get some help if at all possible.  Most anybody can handle a brush.

And plan to ruin whatever shirt you're wearing.  (Apparently this can be
avoided, but don't ask me how - I don't know).

Brett