REFLECTOR: Jeffco question

Grigore Rosu grigore.rosu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:06:54 CST 2008

I understand that Jeffco cures much faster than EZ-84, so it is not a good
idea to prepare too much at once when sealing the tanks.  Also, it appears
that it is a good idea to mix it with flox and cabosil.  I'm thinking of
mixing the following at one time each time:

- 2 cups of Jeffco
- 1 cup of hardener
- 3 cups flox
- 3 cups cabosil

Also, I'd like to give a first coat, then 8-12  hours later give a second
coat, then 8-12 hours later seal.

 Does this sound right?

One thing I'm not sure about is how to deal with the top strake.  Should I
coat it at the same time I coat the rest of the tank, or I should just coat
it before sealing?  I'm worried that if I coat it following the same
timeframe as for the rest of the fuel tank, then I may end up with a layer
of sealant on the top strake that is thicker than 1/8'' - 3/16'', which is
the gap I currently have between the bulkhead flanges and the top strake.

Thank you,

Grigore