REFLECTOR: engine size

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 15:40:56 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/5/2008 2:26:51 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tomcat05 at comcast.net writes:

After  talking to Craig and noticing that most IO360s have a 74 pitch he
still  talked me into a 72 pitch (similar a/c to yours with 10 to 1s).
Really  curious what pitch you have on there. When you get a chance,
could I  trouble you to look at the sticker on the prop and let me know
which pitch  you have. My prop is still on order and I can change
pitch...thx much,  Tom

I checked it out and I have a 66X74.  I personally think this is the  best
combination FOR ME (STD-RG).  I am fortunate that I live @ sea  level.  If I
flew from a higher base, the 72" may be the way to  go.  From your post I assume
you also have 10-1 pistons.  I think  the 8.7-1 (standared 200hp pistons)
would like the 72" better.  I only ran  my Catto on the engine after I increased
compression.  I did run my  Performance Prop both before and after going to the
10-1s.  I picked up 50  RPM static after the compression change with the
Performance Prop.  Hope  this helps.
TEC

48)