REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:20:22 CST 2008

I have been using the IVO Magnum electric CS prop for ten years now.
Static rpm is 2550, takeoff 27/2750 cruise 8500 is 23.5/ 2590.
Ivo replaced the drive motor after six years for free, no questions asked.
He also repaired the pivot arm on one blade and rebalanced the blades
for free.

The only problem with the Magnum seems to be not enough base pitch.
With the Franklin fire walled in cruise at 8500 feet, it tops out at 178
KIAS.
It also tends to loose the SS prop guard after six to eight hours, which
sets up a slight vibration making the flight back to base interesting .

--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG