REFLECTOR: propeller range?

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 4 11:19:26 CST 2008

Grigore,

I placed mine about 10 inches inboard of the outer fuel bulkhead near
the outboard part of the strake.  It is easy to fuel and well outside
the strike range of the prop if improperly closed and locked.  Be sure
to place at the highest point you can find to increase the fuel one is
capable of placing in the tank.  I also ran my vent line to the middle
of the strake to decrease back flow with uncoordinated turns.  I picked
10 inches inboard to prevent the fuel hose from being able to hit the
outboard bulkhead.  I also place two layers of triax  about 10 x 10
inches in the bottom of my tank  below the fuel cap to protect from
accidentally punching into the lower strake if the fuelling device
slipped.  May not ever need it since I fuel myself but I to can slip.

Rene'