REFLECTOR: fuel system, flaring aluminum tubing

bulsr at bellsouth.net bulsr at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 3 14:47:14 CST 2008

Grigore,
    FWIW, both the "Imp" and "Junior" are in use at the factory in Sebastian. Or at least they were from Jan, '06-Oct '06, while I was there. Never saw the other one.

Bob Buls
XLRG
Still in the works
-------------- Original message from "Grigore Rosu" <grigore.rosu at gmail.com>: --------------

Alex,

Is this what you meant by the "roto flare tool":

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/flaringtools2.php

They call it "rolo flare tool".  It appears that this tool can also bend the tubes, which is an additional benefit if it works well.  I have never worked with tubes before and I just tried to bend the fuel lines by hand; the result looks horible.  Is this tool making good bends, too?

Regarding tube cutters, which of the following would you recommend:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/tube_cutters3.php
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/tube_cutters1.php
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/tube_cutters4.php

... or did you have something else in mind for a "decent cutter"?

Thank you,
Grigore