REFLECTOR: speaker in the cockpit?

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 1 08:36:57 CST 2008

I have one just above my head in the overhead duct.  I like it to listen
to Atis on the ground and for radio checks and radio repair so I do not
have to wear a headset such as working on wiring in the back of the
plane while listening to the radio.  I also wired my cockpit to accept
audio input from the front of the panel so I can listen to music and my
audio books while working in the plane on those long cold solo nights.
My passengers like the idea of hearing the radio without headsets before
engine start too.
Rene'