REFLECTOR: Castoring washer on nosewheel

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:34:45 CST 2008

Brian,

You haven't lost your fiber washer, you never had one.  If memory serves,
you got into this game about the same time I did and the fiber washer mod
didn't exist at that time.  I use the nylon washer and it works very well.
Something I found about my set-up that I think is worth checking is that the
torque was not constant as the nose wheel is rotated to different positions.
I set my torque with the wheel straight ahead.  My first high speed left
turn produced a slight shimmy.  I found that when set for a left turn I had
a couple of pounds less torque and set for a right turn an increase in
torque.  Find the loosest position and set that to spec.

Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG Franklin/IVO