REFLECTOR: Slowing down elevator trim speed

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Dec 26 12:30:57 CST 2008

nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks Al,
>
> I thought it appeared that way when I wired my G5. I am curious, Is
> anyone flying with the Tru-Trak altitude hold (stand alone) and the
> stock trim system?  I have the Mack G-5 and the stand alone Tru Trak
> Auto pilot (with the out of trim warning light system),  Seems to me,
> that if it works, you could trim it pretty close, engage the ALT Hold,
> and you'd be set.

That's how mine works.  I have the Mack and an STec 50 AP.  It holds
altitude as long as the trim is close.  However I have had no problems
trimming for level flight without the AP.  Of course, unless in calm
air, things soon change anyway.  The main change is flying through areas
of slight updraft, then down.  That changes speed which in turn changes
the trim requirment.

John