REFLECTOR: Slowing down elevator trim speed

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Dec 24 21:54:59 CST 2008

The problem I experienced was the trim motor coasting.  Putting in a
resistor does slow the motor down but it then requires longer
application of trim at low speeds.

So i used a dynamic brake, which stops the motor immediately or there
abouts, when you let up on the trim switch.

here is a simple diagram

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/Dynamic%20Brake.GIF

Here is an article on how its works including the diagram

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/trimbrake.jpg

I think I got this from Shawn Penning.

It helped a lot with high speed trimming and didn't effect the time
needed to do those large trim changes needed at slow speeds.

Scott