REFLECTOR: Electrical Marking Tip

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:49:19 CST 2008

Try this

http://www.imagesupply.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=496

I got the one for $350.  I don't know about the newer ones that may be
cheaper.  There are others on Ebay.  Long ago when I was in the market this
one got recommended on the Nuckols forum so I bought it.  They skin you
further on the cartridges.  You will need two different sizes.  Figure 30 to
40 cents per label depending on how big you want the letters.  I started out
printing with the little font and went to the bigger font (more tape length)
cuz it was too hard to read the little stuff.  I wear trifocal glasses.  Not
cheap, but if you do your own wiring, knowing what's what is not an option.
I would recommend this, sadly, as a solid way to keep on top of what you are
doing.

For what is already crimped you can use Rescue Tape.  Google Rescue Tape.
Al, or somebody pointed out you can get silicon tape from McMaster Carr that
is much much cheaper.  I checked and it was way cheaper.   I'd go for a
sample of both and see what you think.  Silicon tape sticks to itself like
nobody's business and you can write on it.

Terry

  _____