REFLECTOR: True Airspeed pdf.

LAURA WALKER blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 09:01:35 CST 2008

Thanks Terry,

That article is my bible and I encourage all who look with disdain upon the true vs. indicated airspeed issue to read it very thoroughly.

Remember the guy who holds the altitude record for a free-fall from a balloon back in the 1960. It was from something like 102,000 feet. Ten seconds after leaving his apparatus, his pitot airspeed (yes, he had one) was near zero but his true airspeed was 614 mph.

My airplane's true airspeed cruise will probably settle out just in the middle of a normally aspirated and turbocharged IO-550 plane's speed or about 225-230 kts. John has already been there so I am comfortable with that for now.

Bill