REFLECTOR: Velocity crash

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:26:41 CDT 2008

I would support restricting Phase I flying to safer airports. I think the
F.A.A. could do it without writing any new regulations, since it's the DARs
that prescribe a safe test area for each new airplane.

Any common sense guideline that can reduce fatalities from homebuilt
aircraft is good for us. If we get sloppy and our aircraft become
statistically more dangerous to the general population than manufactured
aircraft, legislators will have ample reason to restrict homebuilt aircraft.
If homebuilt aircraft are statistically no more dangerous to the general
population than manufactured aircraft, we have a strong case for keeping all
of our flight privileges.

Doug Holub