REFLECTOR: Velocity crash

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sat Aug 23 08:37:00 CDT 2008

I will agree that for the safety of both the pilot of a newly completed
aircraft and the folks on the ground it would be best to fly off the hours
at a rural airport- I know that the few stories of folks that had to land
prematurely during their fly off were fortunate to have a big field to set
down in- flying over subdivisions doesn't leave any options but to crash-
and the resulting damage isn't good for anyone. Of course, a rural airport
in Washington state or Colorado doesn't leave many options either- those
builders might consider moving to an open area for testing.......