REFLECTOR: wing attach bolts

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 23:18:13 CDT 2008

I have a frind that does NDI and he is going to perform a series of tests on the spar as well as all critical hardware... Thanx Jeff

From: HYTEC45 at aol.comDate: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:23:46 -0400To: reflector at tvbf.orgSubject: Re: REFLECTOR: wing attach bolts

In a message dated 8/19/2008 5:26:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com writes:
I bought the plane used and I was told that it liked to pull G's ... I want it to be safe so I am replaceing all of the critical hardware.  Jeff

Each bolt will take at least 27K shear.  If the nuts were tight, I would worry about something else.
TEC