REFLECTOR: wing attach bolts

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 13:39:21 CDT 2008

Brian,
   I did something similar to what the builder of John's airplane did except my tie down hardpoints are in the strake.  Here is what I did for what it is worth.  I did reinforcement layups on the top side of the bottom strake near the outboard edge.  These layups overlaped the center spar.  I place an aluminum hardpoint over the reinforcement layup and it too overlaped the spar.  The then glassed in the aluminum hard point.  After all was cured, I drilled through the bottom strake and aluminum hardpoint and tapped for a eye bolt (I did not drill through the spar).  The eye bolt is then removable and only used when you tie down outside.

From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>