REFLECTOR: Yair still stranded, cross post please !

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 9 14:06:01 CDT 2008

Hi Susanna Quinn,

         Great talking to you today at Avitat Bangor, 207-992-4582.

         As discussed, here is Ted Davis' email explaining the plight of Internationl Cozy Mark IV pilot Yair Gil, stranded at BGSF in Greenland, on his return home after attending EAA Airventure 2008 in Oshkosh Wisconsin.

          Ted can fill you in with any other details. We look forward to any assistance we can muster to aid a fellow pilot and canrd aviator.  We appreciate you are in the extraodinary position of greeting dozens of Ferry pilots each week.

          Ted is the main contact for the project, but I can be reached at 847-331-2567 if you have any questions.

           I'm also cross-posting to the Velocity mailing list server as requested by Ted.

  Best Regards,

  Jeff Barnes, EAA 71374
  President
  EAA Chapter 414
  Lake County IL
  member
  Central State Association
  - The Canard Aviators -

Ted Davis <tdavis at teknova.com> wrote:
          Hey Folks,

We are still working on getting that nose gear strut to Yair who has been
stranded on the western coast of Greenland for 3 days now. We are looking
for a ferry pilot that can pick up the part in Bangor ME sometime after
10:30am Monday August 11 and drop it off in Greenland. Yair is at BGSF
(04231) in Sdr Stroemfjord. The package is very small, 3lbs, 30x4x4 inches.

Please cross post and distribute this message to other aviation groups that
can help. There are always aircraft making that journey. If you have
contact names and numbers please help. If we do not find someone very soon
the package will have to be routed through Copenhagen and will not get there
until August 18 or later.

BGSF is pretty close to the middle of nowhere. His cell phone does not work
there and internet is not reliable. Yair cannot easily make things happen
from that remote location and he is reliant upon our help. He is calling me
regularly for updates. He also has Damon Meyer's phone number. For now
please contact me at 650 888 8488 and/or email if you can help in any way.
Lets get him out of there!

Thanks
Ted Davis
Hollister Ca

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
  Messages | Files | Photos | Calendar

    Recent Activity

      4
  New Members