REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Aug 3 19:41:19 CDT 2008

Hi Dave-

I never was really comfortable with the entire MT way of doing business -
from the price to the blade quality to the lag screw attachment, to the
damage history- to the "send the prop to Germany to get that ding fixed"
procedure of theirs.  I was looking at the aero composites- they look good,
but even more pricy than MT if that is even possible- I have provisions for
a prop governor on my PSRU, but would sure like to just go electric- as long
as it is responsive- I have heard that the MT is too slow to keep up with
the engine during power-up.   I will be contacting Vesta tomorrow to get a
spec on a prop for mine- has a little over 300 hp , and the beta would be
nice for short runways too- might help the Matco's stop my plane if you know
what I mean...

Thanks for taking the first step for all of us- I hope that the prop works
flawlessly for you- still did not hear the Aero Composite story, would like
to find out what happened to it, although I am probably too cheap to ever
drop that much money on a prop anyway.

Alex

  _____