REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:36:09 CDT 2008

ken I believe my engine is a 6a-350-c1l I just looked at the engine logs and that is what it is telling me. I am not sure of the fuel pump but the engine doesnt run without the boost pump. thankx I will call you tomorrow. Jeff

From: kenb at velocityaircraft.comTo: reflector at tvbf.orgDate: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:40:13 -0400Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump

Jeff,

I believe that PZL originally manufactured the mechanically driven pumps after they issued the emergency AD on the old style diaphragm pumps that were failing. The part number will either be PLL-7-6R (26.11.8300) for right-handed Franklin 6A350-C1, and 6A-350C1R engines, or PLL-7-6L (26.11.8310) for left-handed Franklin 6A350-C1L engine.

We have an aircraft in the Service Center right now equipped with a Franklin that we have been asked to finish. Since taking on the project, the owner decided to try to fuel inject the engine, and the PZL mechanical fuel pump is incapable of producing the pressures necessary for this. We have no real need for the PZL mechanical pump anymore. If you're interested, contact me off the Reflector.

I originally got the fuel pump in my possession from Brian Michalk. I'm sure that he probably has another that he'd be willing to part with.

While on the subject, I don't suppose anyone on the Reflector is running a left-handed Franklin? The 6A-350C1L model?

Best Regards,

-Ken Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jeff HowellSent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:15 PMTo: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders listSubject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump
ken, How much do you want for the fuel pump? where can I get one and what is the part # Thanx Jeff

From: kenb at velocityaircraft.comTo: reflector at tvbf.orgDate: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:14:46 -0400Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump
Don,

I'm not sure about repair - but if you need a new AD compliant Franklin fuel pump for a carbureted application on a 6A-350-C1R, I've got one.

Best,

-Ken Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of John DibbleSent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:41 AMTo: djroyer at earthlink.net; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders listSubject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump
My Franklin just started leaking oil around the fuel pump.  Not sure yet exactly where it's coming from.  Don, any update on what you have done? John
Donald Royer wrote:
 Oil is coming out of the vent hole in my PZL rotatory  fuel pump. Am I the first one o have this problem? Does anyone know whether it can be repaired? Looking at the illustated parts list, it seems to me that the only thing that might be a candidate for replacement is something called a needle bearing. Can anyone help me with this. The pump has less than one hundred hours on it. If it cannot be repaied, does anyone know if or where a new one might be available?  Donald Royer   _______________________________________________