REFLECTOR: Franklin PZL fuel pump

Ken C. Baker kenb at velocityaircraft.com
Wed Apr 30 15:40:13 CDT 2008

Jeff,

I believe that PZL originally manufactured the mechanically driven pumps
after they issued the emergency AD on the old style diaphragm pumps that
were failing. The part number will either be PLL-7-6R (26.11.8300) for
right-handed Franklin 6A350-C1, and 6A-350C1R engines, or PLL-7-6L
(26.11.8310) for left-handed Franklin 6A350-C1L engine.

We have an aircraft in the Service Center right now equipped with a Franklin
that we have been asked to finish. Since taking on the project, the owner
decided to try to fuel inject the engine, and the PZL mechanical fuel pump
is incapable of producing the pressures necessary for this. We have no real
need for the PZL mechanical pump anymore. If you're interested, contact me
off the Reflector.

I originally got the fuel pump in my possession from Brian Michalk. I'm sure
that he probably has another that he'd be willing to part with.

While on the subject, I don't suppose anyone on the Reflector is running a
left-handed Franklin? The 6A-350C1L model?

Best Regards,

-Ken Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com

  _____