REFLECTOR: OFF TOPIC: Buying Inventory House From Kimball Hill Homes

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 27 16:45:17 CDT 2008

Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:  The reflector is the most diverse group of people I know, so I am asking
for some help or directions to other resources.

Teresa and I were supposed to close on a house on Friday, and it got
postponed to This coming Tuesday because Kimball Hill Homes is filing
Chapter 11.

We are financing through Kimball's partner, Wells Fargo. It's an
inventory home, completely finished.

I am worried about the 10 year foundation warranty, and three year
appliance warranty. I am also worried about contractor liens being
placed on the house.

At this time, I am inclined to bring a lawyer to the closing.

Thoughts? Please email me off the reflector.
begin:vcard
fn:Brian Michalk
n:Michalk;Brian
adr:;;2204 Lockwood Cove;Austin;TX;78723;USA
email;internet:michalk at awpi.com
tel;home:512-928-1112
tel;cell:512-699-4037
x-mozilla-html:FALSE