REFLECTOR: OFF TOPIC: Buying Inventory House From Kimball Hill Homes

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Apr 27 13:51:52 CDT 2008

The reflector is the most diverse group of people I know, so I am asking
for some help or directions to other resources.

Teresa and I were supposed to close on a house on Friday, and it got
postponed to This coming Tuesday because Kimball Hill Homes is filing
Chapter 11.

We are financing through Kimball's partner, Wells Fargo.  It's an
inventory home, completely finished.

I am worried about the 10 year foundation warranty, and three year
appliance warranty.  I am also worried about contractor liens being
placed on the house.

At this time, I am inclined to bring a lawyer to the closing.

Thoughts?  Please email me off the reflector.