REFLECTOR: Rear Seat Heat

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sat Apr 26 15:04:00 CDT 2008

Alex,

Using an automotive heater core sounds like a good idea. I didn't know you could run oil through it. If you've got the part number handy of the valve you're using, it would save me the trouble of finding one.

I'm putting my oil cooler in the engine compartment, mostly because I don't want the extra weight of an extra 22 feet of oil line. I was going to rig up some ducts that could switch the oil cooler's intake air between outside air and recirculated cabin air, but now I think I'll just mount a small automotive heater core on the cabin-side firewall to recirculate cabin air.

Doug Holub
Standard FG 90% done, 23% to go