REFLECTOR: Exhaust question

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Apr 22 00:10:48 CDT 2008

Brent,

I'm not flying yet, but I concluded that would be the best.  I had Custom
Aircraft Parts (Clint Anderson) make a pair of stainless 3-into-1 collectors
for my parallel-valve IO-540 with a slip joint on the center pipe and a
45-degree bend aft just as the exhaust comes through the cowling.  He had
already made another set (but without the 45-degree bend) for another
Velocity builder, so he had the drawings ready to e-mail to me about 20
minutes after I described to him what I wanted.  The completed "headers"
showed up by UPS about a week later.  Beautiful work; highly recommended.

Keith Hallsten