REFLECTOR: Top NACA Inlets

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 18:57:10 CDT 2008

Larry
   I installed the only other Deltahawk on a Velocity, other than  themselves
(as far as I know). From my experience, there is no way that the  stock top
NACA scoops will give adequate airflow to keep the coolant, or  oil coolers,
cool. I also don't believe that it will be enough to keep the inter  cooler
sufficiently cool. We had a hard time doing this as I wanted low cooling  drag and
Deltahawk wanted a lot of cooling. I went with my theory to make it low
drag. I eventually (after some engine damage from heat) moved to Doug's way of
thinking and kept it cool. If you are going to go with the stock NACA  scoops,
have a Plan B for changing them in the future. They use a lot of  air!!!!

Just my .02 cents.

Ken

In a message dated 4/19/2008 12:13:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,