REFLECTOR: filter

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 20:10:09 CDT 2008

Lou, I have a similar setup to you and I tried running a K&N cone filter
directly attached to the fuel servo. Flight test showed a significant
loss of power and the plugs loaded up. It acted as if it were starving
for air. Having a tube further out toward the airflow should help but
with armpit scoops any additions on the low end can affect the airflow
and CHTs. I've got a 3+ inch round scoop under the right wing with a 3"
scat tube attached that runs directly to the fuel servo with no
filtration. Like you, I would like some level of filtration but haven't
been able to come up with anything practical yet. Good luck.. Tom