REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc acquisition by RRCC

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Wed Apr 16 14:49:22 CDT 2008

Congratulations Scott and thanks for the info....... Will this acquisition
accelerate the BRS activities???

Len

XLRG

"Scott Baker" <sbakr at comcast.net>
Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
04/15/2008 09:19 PM
Please respond to
Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>

"Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
cc

Subject
REFLECTOR: Velocity, Inc acquisition by RRCC

A Note to Fellow Velocity Aircraft Owners and Pilots Regarding the Recent
Acquisition of the Company by Rocket Racing Composites Corporation -

Many have caught news of the recent buyout of Velocity by Rocket Racing
Composite Corporation.  Questions abound about what this means for the
Company and for Velocity aircraft builders, owners, and pilots.  I?d like
to offer details about the buyout and how it affects us all.

Rocket Racing Composites Corporation (RRCC) is a newly formed technology
subsidiary of Rocket Racing, Inc (RRI).  Yesterday it was announced at a
major press conference that RRCC recently acquired Velocity, Inc.  The
acquisition planning spanned several months; and was completed just a few
days ago.

Velocity, Inc is strong and will continue as a manufacturer and parts
provider focused on the Experimental-Amateur Built aircraft market.
Operations at Velocity will only get better ? which means better support
and better products for owners and builders!  One of our first goals is to
develop a comprehensive parts manual for Velocity aircraft.  Imagine
ordering a part by its part number instead of asking for ?the big thing
that sits underneath the small metal thing that?s behind the crooked
looking thing in the nose of the aircraft?!

Key members of Velocity management remain in place today and for years to
come.  The core management group of Duane Swing, Scott Swing and I will
continue managing the Company, although some of the titles have changed.
Duane is the CEO and will focus his time between the business of the
Company and assisting RRI with rocket engine integration into Velocity
airframes.  Scott Swing is Vice President of Product Development and will
continue as the chief of the Velocity Service Center; and I will continue
direct oversight of manufacturing and administration while assuming the
duties of President.

New to the management team is Don Hauck (hawk), who is the Vice President
of Sales.  I hope that everyone gets the opportunity to meet Don.  He is
an exceptionally talented pilot, salesperson, conversationalist, and
someone with whom we all form an instant friendship.  Don comes to
Velocity as the leading sales person from Columbia.  He has flown several
times in a Velocity XL and is ?converted? to all that we hold sacred, that
canard aircraft rule!  Don was instrumental in developing the cabin class,
turbine aircraft design that was shown to the press on Monday.  Don dreams
big.  Big dreams inspire!

Granger Whitelaw is the Chairman of Velocity, Inc and has a sincere
interest and affection for the Velocity design.  Granger, who prefers to
be addressed by his first name, is a visionary with plans to refine the
Velocity model line into the spotlight of premier aircraft ? more advanced
than Columbia ? more advanced than Cirrus ? touching those who want and
expect the best performing, safest, and most techanically advanced and
comfortably equipped aircraft in General Aviation.  Look for many
announcements concerning safety innovations originating from Velocity.

New models are planned over time.  For now, however, it is business as
usual ? placing greater emphasis on fulfilling sales ? modernizing
equipment and methods inside the factory ? and continuing our unwavering
support of Velocity customers, owners, builders, and pilots.

We are all truly looking forward to exciting times ahead!
Scott Baker