REFLECTOR: New Velocity Web Page

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Apr 14 13:08:09 CDT 2008

I hope this all works out for everyone involved, but the "wholly owned subsidiary" bit unnerves me.  I've been involved in a few acquisitions in my day job, and I can assure you that the "acquired" business didn't get a lot of it's pet projects accomplished if they didn't hit the bottom line pretty quickly.

And that turbo, is that meant to be a kit, or a Piaggio rival?  Shazam... I'm speechless.
http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airplane-models-turbo.html

In related news, Rocket Racing Composite Corporation, a subsidiary of the RRL, announced the acquisition of Velocity Aircraft of Sebastian, FL, a leading manufacturer of four-seat canard pusher experimental aircraft. Under the terms of the agreement, Velocity Aircraft will become a wholly owned division of Rocket Racing Composite Corp. and will produce an airframe that will be consistent for all competing Rocket Racers.

Through a rigorous research and development, all Velocity-constructed Rocket Racers will be equipped with the safest-possible airframe for any kind of aircraft. The cockpit seats for all Rocket Racers will be reinforced to withstand impacts up to 20G load, and other safety measures will be added using a methodology similar to that of F-1 and Indy Car to better protect pilots and passengers alike.

"Velocity is truly excited to be a part of Rocket Racing," said Scott Baker, president of Velocity. "Many of the technology advances that are planned for the Rocket Racer models transcend and offer performance and comfort benefits to Velocity owners who use their aircraft for personal and business travel."