REFLECTOR: LED STRIP LIGHT UPDATE w/Pictures

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 20:08:45 CDT 2007

Each LED is 1/2" apart so you have a nice visual reference as to the depth of the fuel (it also works out closely to my 10 gallon markings. the black lines, every three lights).  The strips just stick behind the tube and I placed mine so the bottom LED was at the lowest portion of the Visible Gas portion of the tubing tubing.  The tube lights up like a neon tube and you can clearly see a bright spot at each LED.    Also the meniscus causes a darker line that can be detected not to mention the float ball.

I have a SPDT center off switch with the down position spring loaded.  I can just push down for momentary lighting or move the switch to the upper position for continuous lighting.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying