REFLECTOR: GEMS Optical Sensors

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Wed Sep 26 20:58:59 CDT 2007

Hi Jim,

I ordered one recently.  I got the stainless steel one with 5/8"
threads.  Since the device only sinks a small amount of current (I'm
thinking on the order of 20ma) I designed a small relay printed circuit
board.  The relay has a sensitive coil that can be actuated directly
from the GEMS sensor.  You then get either NC or NO dry contacts that
can drive an amp or so.

I've still got the box in the hangar so I'll retrieve it tomorrow and
let you know the part number.  Works great!

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG