REFLECTOR: Elevator gap

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Sep 24 21:03:38 CDT 2007

Hi All,
Does anyone know the story as to why they removed the cuffs (ie- and why
they were on)?
I can't remember.

Thanks,
Kevin Baker

The short version is that Danny felt the pitch/buck at stall was
disconcerting, and potentially a problem in landing close to stall speed
when there may be a sudden drop.  The cuff reduced it to a relatively smooth
mushing (which is pretty much what mine does now); but it also may increase
the stall speed a bit, and reduced elevator authority at low speed (large
elevator deflection.

That's my understanding - and I'm sticking to it.

Al