REFLECTOR: brake bleeding

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Sep 22 21:37:46 CDT 2007

you should have at least an inch or two before bottoming out depending
on how the builder setup the master cylinders.

You can watch the rudder deflect as you push down and at some point you
should hit a fairly solid stop which is the brakes. If its quiet you can
here the push rod hit the master cylinder. If its spongy when the brakes
are applied you have air in the lines. One good way to tell is, if you
pump the brakes rapidly do they get firmer and does the amount of pedal
  travel lessen. If so theres air in them lines!

Scott