REFLECTOR: Oil cooler construction

Steve Goldman steve at fatcatair.com
Tue Sep 18 20:37:58 CDT 2007

I'm approaching the point where I have enough done on the fuselage
that I'll be able to join the halves. At this point I haven't built
the assembly that goes in the nose for the oil cooler. The reason is
that I would like to use the DeltaHawk engine which doesn't require
the cooler in the nose.

What I would like to know how feasible it is to delay this until after
the halves are joined. [I'm not really interested in discussions of
the feasibility of the DeltaHawk. I've been following them for a long
time I'm aware of the situation.] It seems that it is doable from the
cutouts that go in the nose but someone who has actually completed a
plane ought be able to tell if delaying this work until later will
make for a lot more work later.

--
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531