REFLECTOR: Your prayers are answered! LED Lights for your FuelSightTubes.

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 14:10:36 CDT 2007

In answer to some of the LED questions here are my observations.

I used Green and my sight glasses have a red ball in them and the visibility is good.
The 1/2 " spacing of the LEDs gives you a reference point for the height of the fuel
The intersection of the fuel/air appears as a darker line
The LEDs behind the fuel do not appear as bright as the ones above the fuel
The tubing lights up like a neon tube
White LEDs might be best, however they are all bright and might be annoying at night
For momentary use any would be acceptable
For continuous use you might want to place a resister in series with the power to dim the strip.
Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying